15 June, 2009

Hikaru no Go



THE SUMMARY

Hikaru Shindo is just a normal 12 year old boy, but one day he's rumaging through his Grandfather's things to see if he can find something to sell and pulls out an old Go board. A ghostly apparation appears out of the board and tells Hikaru his sad story. His name is Sai Fujiwara, a man who was a Go instructor to the emperor of Japan a thousand years ago.

However, because of bad sportsmanship of his opponent during a game, Sai was accused of cheating and banished from the city. With no livelihood or any other reason to live, Sai commited suicide by drowning himself. Now, he haunts a Go board, and wants to accomplish the perfect Go game, called the "Hand of God" which he hopes to do through Hikaru. If Hikaru will be able to do it or not (or even wants to) will have to be seen.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, I have finished reading this manga in a couple of days. Haha, actually I don't know anything related to board game such like chess or Go. Even I also dunno the rule of those game. @.@ Back to time ago, I saw my colleague reading this manga, and I was wondering whether it's interesting story. So I gave myself a chance to read. To my surprise, it's definitely an interesting story until it can beat your adrenaline out or make your heart pounding too fast or causing you sweating a lot as if you are challenged by a Go player. o.O


Even though it is an interesting story, it is also sad story where a ghost and a child are too attached to each others but it ended up by a ghost disappearing someday and a child will lose his will to play Go. This reminds me of a friend warning me that don't too attach yourself to a friend, who will know your friend will dump or betray you one day. Hahaha, it's funny. XD I do agree but only 10%.. To me, it's common as there are always a meeting and a separation everywhere. Is important that we always have to remember them in mind. =D

The character in this story are pretty awesome. With different personality and skill, the challenge in Go game become more intense yet interesting. Hikaru can meet each person and learn from the tournament then improve, sharpen or restructure his playing skill. I think it's totally different from chess. Ah, sorry I don't really know that deep about Chess. It's just my opnion :) I never try or learn Go game before. It's a rare game and kinda an ancient traditional game. Hehehe. I think playing traditional game are encouraged. In Malaysia, there are some traditional game but nowadays I rarely see people playing those. =S

Ooops, I shouldn't get off from the branch line... Hehehe, I recommend you to read this manga in OneManga or MangaFox. Throw me your rating here after you read them. ;)

1 comments:

Selina Wing on June 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM said...

yeah i watch this anime b4 but I not understand about the games they played! XD but, I check the manga..it is not very long and already completed because anime got long story..until Hikaru, Akira and 2 friends as Japan team joined in the international world games!!

 

Deafz Mix Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2008