07 June, 2008

Big Buck Bunny



Today my colleague send this video to me, saying this video is very interesting and entertaining. So I watched this video. Oh wow... It's Big Buck Bunny, a short comedy story, is about a well-tempered big rabbit, "Big Buck" launching a war against the forest bullies: three naughty small rodents as Big Buck finds his day spoiled and jeopardized by the rude actions of three naughty small rodents. I feel pain in my tummy when I was watching this silly war. Hehehe..

Wow, this story is presented with a great 3D animation. In my opinion, this 3D can be compared to Pixar. Definitely in an equally level. When I first watched this video, I was shocked until my jaws almost dropped.. Hehe..I think it's in par with a lot of current computer animated films being produced by Hollywood. It is really so professionally done in 3D animation.

I heard that it is said that BBB is not only developed by an animator community using open source software Blender but also distributed under an open license that gives artists free access to the entire studio database of assets and files used to make the movie.

-Quoted from Ton Roosendaal, a producer Blender Institute director-

The Primary intent of the movie was to stimulate the development of open source 3D software, but the quality of BBB on an artistic level as well as on technical ingenuity is what you would expect from large animation studios.

See this video below:



If you are interested, you might purchase the DVD set at Blender Store for $52. By purchasing the DVD, you will help supporting the continued development of Blender and other future films.

Oh ya, if you wish to know the current news, you can follow its current news at Big Buck Bunny.

0 comments:

 

Deafz Mix Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2008